GUIDELINES & CRITERIA
Municipal Clerks are the hub of local government and play a critical role in their communities yet often times, we look "outside" ourselves for acknowledgement and recognition. Mayors, City Managers/Administrators and Agency Executives may not fully understand the work that municipal clerks do or the challenges we face each day. They also do not know the contributions we make to our professional association as well as we do.
Therefore, WMCA asks you to look within our peer group and our membership and nominate a municipal clerk who you know deserves recognition.
The President’s Award of Distinction is awarded to a WMCA member who has performed exceptionally in the workplace, made significant contributions as a WMCA committee member or performed exceptional work for WMCA. Nominations for this award are accepted only from WMCA active members.
- Any WMCA member or board member may submit a confidential nomination to the President.
- The President shall select a recipient for the “Award of Distinction” from the membership of WMCA. There may be years in which there are no outstanding nominees. The decision of the President is final.
- Recognition will be at the annual conference and will include presentation of a plaque and complimentary registration to a WMCA Academy or Athenian Dialogue in the following year. The registration is not transferable, and can only be used by the award winner.
- Any WMCA member in good standing is eligible, with the exception of the President, President Elect, Vice President, and Immediate Past President. Member in good standing means an active, paid member.
- The nominee must have made an outstanding contribution to their organization or performed outstanding service to WMCA during the past year unless submitting for the Lifetime Achievement category.
- Areas of nomination may include but are not limited to the following categories:
- WMCA Committee Work
- Lifetime Achievement
- WMCA Programs or Education Development
- Other (Please describe)